Friday, January 8, 2010

What a busy week!

I can't believe we have had Malaya at home for a week! She has been such a good baby I can't complain at all. She already sleeps 3 and 4 hours at a time during the night. I have to say that it is GREAT being an all nursing mom! I never had the opportunity with my very stubborn little boys and I am loving it!!!
This is Malaya in the hospital before we left. She was so tiny she was drowning in this outfit. I actually bought her another outfit to bring her home in and the pants were as long as she was. It was a good thing I packed something else.
The carseat as we are leaving the hospital. I love little babies snug in their carseats. I have to say I am pretty pleased with myself. I made the floral head pad in her car seat. I had to just look at one I bought and go from there. It turned out pretty good if I do say so. I also made a matching hooter hider and wipe case.
My little sister Halli is absolutely in love with Malaya. If I go to my parents I have to wait until she gets home from school so that she can see her. The day I brought her home she asked if she could bring her to school for show and tell. The next day she had already asked her teacher. We will be going to school at the end of the month. She is estatic!
GO BRONCOS!!!!!! Of course we had to make sure that she had an outfit for the Fiesta Bowl. What a cute group of fans!!!
I think she really was the smallest fan this year. She was drowning in her pants if you couldn't tell. Oh but she is so stinkin cute!!!!
Gavin is the best big brother! He told me he has now learned how to hold her like a big kid. That means he thinks he can stand up and hold her with her head on his shoulder. He is pretty sweet though. He likes to cover her up with his Dee Dee. I don't think he ever offered the Dee Dee to Noah so it is a pretty big step for him
What a cute smile! Even if it is just gas!!! I always tell Cort when our kids smile like this in their sleep, that they are talking to his mom. I know she took care of her before she came, and knew how much I wanted to have a little girl. Even though I never knew her personally.
Just a nice relaxin night with the family!
What a good lookin group!!! I am so lucky to have the family that I have. I have three beautiful children and the best spouse ever. I wouldn't change any of it for the world. I am thankful everyday especially this last week for the opportunity that the Lord has given Cort and I to bring these children into this world and to raise them.
It has been a wonderful week and we are so grateful to have Malaya in our home. She has been so good. It is very interesting how after you have each kid that you can't imagine your life without them. We love her and when I say that I mean some people in our family just can't get enough!

5 comments:

Jen Gillespie said...

Oh that was so sweet. I starting crying at the part about Cort's mom. I didn't know that. SHE IS ADORABLE. I love the bronco outfit. Looks like you are already having fun with the bows! Congrats Em!

Julie Graham said...

Oh Em I am so happy that everything is going so well! And I love the fabric you chose for the head support you made!! VERY good job by the way!I am very impressed but not surprised, you are so talented! She is so cute and little! It makes me miss those tiny baby stages. They are so short because they grow so fast and there is such a special spirit in the home when there is a tiny newborn. HUGS!

Jen said...

She is adorable!! I love when the clothes don't fit. They are so tiny for only a short time. Before you know it she will be walking! :) I bet you will have so much fun making her as many cute things as possible! You are so creative and she is one lucky girl! Congrats again! Loved the pictures.

Annie Lee said...

She is adorable! What a cute little family! Congratulations again, and I hope we get to meet her soon!

Rebecca McNair said...

Em she is so sweet! What a little doll! It looks like you are having so much fun dressing her up! I am so glad you are doing so well!