Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!!!

We had the best new year this year!!!
On January 1, 2010 we got to welcome our very precious little girl into the world!
She came at 12:18pm after about 24hours of just waiting.
Malaya June Peterson
6lbs 12 ozs
19in
The very proud papa. Can't believe this is #3!!
A very tired Mama! As you can see by my lovelyness(if that is even a word) it ended up being a longer birth than I planned.Our little girl! I can't believe she is here. She is such a little tiny thing.
Anybody with kids can tell you that it is a little crazy to have your older kids come and visit, especially if you have a Noah. He has been so excited for her to come I don't think she will ever be left alone. Sometimes he can be scary so I have to be very watchful over them when they are in the same room.
Here is the biggest brother. He is such a sweetheart. Gavin has always been nervous about me when I am in the hospital. At least this time he would talk to me and even sit on the bed with me . Since we have been home he has really taken on the role of protector. Cort and I have been amazed at how much he seems to have grown up since we brought her home.
Here is the prettiest girl I have ever seen!!! (YES I am very biased). And she isn't spoiled or anything!! We are so excited for her to be here if you haven't heard. Thank you to all of our family and friends who have helped us out with the boys during the craziness of the last few weeks.

6 comments:

Oliverson Family said...

Congrats! What sweet pictures. And already up for blogging? Wow.:)Good to hear everyone is doing well. Have thought of you guys a hundred times since Dean told me the great news.(Even our kids were excited for you guys.lol)I'm sure you're loving having a sweet baby girl. Best wishes in the coming weeks with your new family of 5.We love you guys.-Jeanette

The Crazy Heads said...

Congrats!!!!! She is adorable. Hope everything goes well at home. Good luck with all 3!!!! And remember that is ok to have a messy house for at least the first 3 months of bringing home a new baby. Enjoy it when they are little.

Jen said...

YEAH! Congrats! What a fun way to start out the new year :) I am so happy for you guys :)

Jen Gillespie said...

YEAH!!!!! Congrats. She is absolutely beautiful! I hope you have a ton of fun dressing her up. What a little doll. Way to go Emily.

Rebecca McNair said...

She is so sweet Em! And she totally looks like you! Yay you finally got your girl! I am so glad you are doing well and that you are spoiling her so much!

Julie Graham said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah! Congratulations Cort and Em!!! She is SOOO Cute!! I don't think you are biased, it is just a fact that she is beautiful! I am so happy for you to have her out and to get to hold her in your arms. I remember your concern of Noah and that picture cracks me up! He is so excited! That is very cute about Gavin. Em I hope your recovery goes well! I think that I did not bounce back as fast with Brigham because of how tired I was with the delivery and such, so I hope this is not the case for you. I think it is fun that you had her on the first of the year! I love you and I will keep you and your cute not-so-little family in my prayers during this transitioning and recovering time. :)