Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Am I ready for 3?

Well I guess we can't keep it to ourselves forever, even though most of our friends and family know. But yes if any of you have heard we are expecting our third baby in January! The due date is the 12th, but if I have any say in it we will be having it as early as possible. We would love to have a New Years baby, maybe if we were lucky we could be the first and get free diapers or some other cool gift! Yeah Right!! It would take a miracle for me to go that early on my own.
This afternoon Cort and I went in for my monthly appt. and ultrasound. After three hours we came out with the best news EVER. After almost four years we are finally having a little GIRL!!!!!!! I don't even think it has sunk in yet. I love my boys and would have enjoyed another one, but there is something about a mothers need for a little girl. I think everyone had their fingers crossed for us. So for all of you who were finger crossing with us Thank You! I had myself convinced it was a boy so when she said girl I teared up a little bit. (That is usually Cort's job) I even think our doctor's response was almost bigger than ours. She and I have had our kids at about the same time and she got her girl the second time and knew how much I wanted one. We do go in again in four weeks for another ultrasound, because the little stinker
was all balled up and the tech couldn't see some things clearly. Hopefully we can have an even bigger confirmation that she is a girl. I still have this fear that I will be all hyped up about a girl and have everything ready for her and she comes out a boy. I guess it is because when it is a boy they are almost always correct. But when it is a girl there is room for surprises!
Well whatever the end result is I will still be happy to have a little blessing from heaven. For right now I am ecstatic that it is a GIRL!!!! I just can't stop smiling, saying it and thinking about it. Bows, tights, dresses, cute shoes, and anything else girlie here I come!!!!!!!!!

17 comments:

Annie Lee said...

yeah!!! i am SO SO SO excited for you! I can't say what it's like to me a mother to a boy, only from what my friends tell me, but your in for a ride! Sophia is SO dramatic.. just like you would imagine a little girl to be like!

The Crazy Heads said...

HOORAY!!! You'll be great with 3!!!! And you are going to love it. Girl clothes are so much cuter than boy clothes and more fun to pick out. It is almost like you shop for boys simply to dress them, but you shop for girls to dress them up. Good Luck!

Melanie said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited for you. Your news just made my day. Congrats!

Brittney said...

Congrats, that is fantastic news! Keep us posted on your progress and can't wait to see pictures when she gets here!

The Blaisdell Family said...

Yeah for you guys!!! SO exciting indeed!! After having two boys, when we found out our third was a girl I cried too. We really didn't care either way, but just to hear that we were having something different was so exciting!!! I kept a little doubt in the back of my mind though until the day she was born. You just never know! But man, was it fun to come home with a baby in pink. I remember going to bed that first night at home, Avery all wrapped up cute in pink, it felt like I was going to bed with my favorite dolly.

Enjoy this time and hope the pregnancy continues to go well! Congrats!

Jen Gillespie said...

YEAHHHHHH!!!!! I'm so excited for you Em! Little girls are so fun to play dress-up with. I'm not too excited for the teenage years, but they are awfully cute now. Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well and that you DO get more confirmation that she is a girl!

The Ward(s) said...

YEAH!!!! I'm so happy for you. We are taking your maternity shots this time. I'm so happy for you. This calls for a girls night. . .

Rebecca McNair said...

That is so exciting!!!! Maybe next time I will be lucky too. I am very excited for you! I know what you mean about loving your boys, but there is something about a mom needing a little girl! I am so excited for you! We are due just a month apart! Hope all is going great for you and that you are feeling well!

Jen said...

CONGRATS!!!! I was so happy to have a girl after one boy, so I can imagine the excitment :) I was one of those who was crossing their fingers for you guys! Can't wait to see her :)

Heather said...

congratulations Emily! That is so exciting, and I am so happy you are getting your girl! I hope the pregnancy is going well. My brother and his wife are due the 15th of Jan. with a boy, so now I have two new year babies to look forward to! CONGRATS.

Waters said...

oh my goodness emaily! congradulations! I cannot be more thrilled for you.
i love you.
p.s.
i havent invited anyone to my blog yet.....i just havent had ANY time to do any blogging.

im so excited for your missy to come

Waters said...

and another p.s.
i LOVE "if I were a boy" song. Ive never heard it but its making me cry

nateandcole said...

Yay Emily! I'm so excited you're going to get your girl. I've only heard of girls coming out boys twice, so odds are definitely in your favor. Can't wait to see how much you'll have your girl dolled up. :)

Julie Graham said...

Ahhhhh! Congrats Cort and Em! Ah I can't wait to talk to you! I am sooooooo excited for you two! And a girl will be a dream come true for you, friend! I can't wait to see and meet her! Love you guys!

Oliverson Family said...

Yea! That's such exciting news. I was so hoping you guys would have a girl. Congrats! congrats! THe timing is pretty funny. Good to see time with the oliversons and Johnsons didn't scare you off enough from having another one. Hope you are fairing well with pregnancy. Your half way there! Ah you will love having a girl. Just enjoy the first few years before all the drama and feelings set in. :) Super happy for you guys. Loves, Jeanette

Jen Gillespie said...

Hey Em-I was thinking about you today and am just so excited for your little lady to get here. No more than you I'm sure! Hope the pregnancy is going well and that your boys are being good for you...all 3 of them! Miss ya tons!

Chelsi Ritter said...

congratulations, guys! we're so excited to hear the news. and that you're having a little girl. they rock :)