Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Backyard Makeover Post #2

I can't believe that this part of our backyard project is almost done! This is part of what our patio will look like. Cort dug out all the grass and then leveled it so it was ready for the concrete guys to come and pour. The big metal thing will be our fire pit once they dig it in the ground!


This is this morning as they were laying the forms for the concrete

This just shows a little more of the shape as it goes around the house. They boys loved to watch the motorized wheelbarrow. They brought all the concrete from behind the fence to the patio with it.

Here is what it looked like right before they started to pour.

I couldn't believe how fast they got the conrete in there and level. My battery died so I had to let it charge and they had the whole thing done by the time I could get more pictures. Cort has been at work and he is dying for pictures so most of this is for him.

I did have to get a picture of the concrete truck. I thought my boys were going to die the whole time it was here. They kept running from the couch to the back door so they could watch them pour it out


Just getting it smoothed out and the border cut. It looks so good! I can't wait until we can be out there using it!!!


Here is what it looks like now. It is all smooth we are just waiting for it to dry a little and then they will stamp it.


By the end of today we will have a new patio!!! Hurray we are so excited to be able to use it when the weather if it ever gets nice here!!! Almost time for bbq season. We are hosting easter dinner this sunday so hopefully we will be able to use it! (I say hopefully because it will probably rain!!!)


We have to thank our good friend TJ and his dad and brother for laying the concrete for us. They did an awesome job and it looks GREAT!!!!!


1 comments:

Annie Lee said...

I'm totally jealous!!! Can you guys come do ours next?